• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheapest Place for OCZ PC3700EB?

Joined
Jul 9, 2001
Messages
896
Where would be the cheapest place to pick up a gig of OCZ PC3700EB? I can find it at excaliburpc for $355 but that seems kinda steep. Any other places?
 
Try the new CL2.5-3-3 timing PC-3700 Gold Rev. 3. It uses Hynix DTD5 .09 micron ICs which can usually do 250 FSB + with just 2.7 volts.
 
I'd get what you originally planned. The PC3700 EB will have a higher bandwidth than any of those listed above as long as you can get it to 250 Mhz FSB which isn't too difficult, unless you get a POS cpu. The PC3700 EB won't clock very much past 250-260 FSB, but it is faster than pretty much any other RAM at that speed. Even though it won't do 2-2-2 at that speed it has higher bandwidths. So unless you are aiming for MAXIMUM OC, then I'd stick with the EB if you just want speed.

Newegg has probably about the most competative price you'll find. When I bought mine I searched every OCZ vendor on the net..literally, and a couple were close to neweggs prices, so check for yourself. There is a list of the vendors sites on the OCZ webpage.
 
Wow, they already discontinued it?
Wonder why the hell they did that. The stuff was sellin like hotcakes
 
The reason EB is gone is C die Micron has now dried up and the G die which crucial are using still has poor yield.

There are plenty of RMA modules if you have issues with present bought kits.
 
What kind of system are you putting the memory into? I went with the 3700EB (bought from excaliberpc) because I read that it was the most stable with the MSI Neo2 Platinum socket 939 board. Does anyone have experience with the gold sticks and this motherboard?
 
If you want really good memory for the MSI K8N Neo2, the new Samsung TCCD-based PC-3200 Platinum Rev. 2 works quite well. I have actually seen it get 260 FSB @ CL2.5-3-3 timings on some A64 Socket 939 boards.
 
Back
Top