Cheapest 4 drive NAS box?

kent

2[H]4U
I have:

(2) Western Digital 'Green' 1.5TB
(2) Seagate Blue 1.5TB

All four are currently installed in a Windows 7 box with a separate boot drive. I want to get rid of this computer for a Mac Mini but I'd like to retain all my storage via a NAS box.

I'd like to be able run all 4 drives in RAID 1 for a total formatted capacity of 2.73TB. Connectivity should be at least 100Mbps E but preferably GigE.

A fancy web administration panel and the ability to run uTorrent on it would be cool, but not necessary.

There is a ds413j from synology availible on new egg and there is a ds411 slim although that is no longer availible from new egg however you could probably find it on amazon.

Synology is awsome for a home nas, it uses less power that a home built system and has loads of features like dlna support, itunes, time machine backup, and the download manager you wanted.

My synology nas was painless to set up and works well. i have the ds212j which is a 2 bay system. Their website also lists plenty of other models.

Here is the link for the ds413j on new egg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822108123&Tpk=ds413j

Gods I would love to snag one of those, esp at 15% off at the moment, only $365.49 for it then.

Loading it up with drives would be the financial killer for me though as I have no spares to use atm, and most of the ones they list as compatible seem to be either discontinued models or Enterprise ones which have a massive price premium.

Back