Cheap Windows 7 OS for .edu?

codegoblin

n00b
Does anyone know where I can a legit upgrade or full version of Windows 7 for cheap via a .edu program?

Also, it used to be that this "upgrade" was actually a full version (could be installed onto a blank hard drive without playing the upgrade install game). Don't know if that's still true.

Here you go: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/productID.216644200/flyout.true

You used to be able to call up the Microsoft store directly and ask for a full version, but I don't think they do that anymore. My girlfriend and I both got legit, full-versions of Windows 7 Pro for $30 (each) plus shipping.

I dunno if you haven't already tried, but see if your school doesn't sell them or give them out for free.

Thanks!

I used to go through my school, but they lost government funding for software subsidy this year and the price is $80 for the upgrade.

anyone know if you get sp1 isos to download or is it still the first release isos from MS?

Also, it used to be that this "upgrade" was actually a full version (could be installed onto a blank hard drive without playing the upgrade install game). Don't know if that's still true.

It still is via a regitry hack or through MS tech support themselves. OR the old school method of a double install.

It will just not activate right away of installed on a blank hard drive.

Back