Cheap USB sound card with optical out

cesium666

Supreme [H]ardness
I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Edifier S330D's. I'm on a laptop with crappy integrated audio, so a cheap USB sound card with optical out would be nice to have to use with the speakers. It should give arguably better sound, or at the very least, it should eliminate the annoying buzzing when I turn up the volume.

I found this Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro, which seems like it would do the job well. Is there anything better or as good as this for the same price (~$25 online)?

I have the above adapter. It's great for the price, wouldn't choose anything else really for around 25-30. What price did you find it for?

i've seen it as low as 5 bucks on ebay, so i might wait for a cheap deal before buying one. i don't mind using the analog output until a deal comes.

Lowest I see for these is $27.

IMHO it's a good improvement over a laptop's integrated.

What laptop do you have? Maybe it has optical/coax output already?

the dell xps m1210 in my sig. it can do digital coax out through a dongle, but the speakers don't support that, and i cant figure out how to get more than like ac3 and pcm and stuff through it, mp3s and things don't pass through.

Back