• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheap Tv Tuner Card

Nate5452

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
53
Can anyone recommend a good cheap TV tuner card. I have Comcast and I am looking to watch TV on my spare monitor that I have.

Will this be possible with any one of the Hauppauge TV tuner cards?


Maybe Something Like this.

Hauppauge WinTV
 
Just be aware that TV Tuner card will not decode scrambled channels.

For example, if you wanna watch shows on the SciFi or Discovery channel TV Tuner cards will not be able to de-scramble the signal. The cable box / dish box will have to be used to de-scramble the signal then send it over to the TV Tuner card so that you can watch the shows.

Customers satisfaction @ newegg seems to be average.
 
Just be aware that TV Tuner card will not decode scrambled channels.

For example, if you wanna watch shows on the SciFi or Discovery channel TV Tuner cards will not be able to de-scramble the signal. The cable box / dish box will have to be used to de-scramble the signal then send it over to the TV Tuner card so that you can watch the shows.

Customers satisfaction @ newegg seems to be average.



Even if I can watch Channels like SCI-FI up in my bedroom with no cable box? I currently have comcast.



Will I need a cable box even if I have comcast cable?






Nate
 
Back
Top