Cheap software question

If it's an unsolicited e-mail from them, then don't use them... don't want to encourage spam. Just one or two sales based on spamming makes it seem like a good thing to do for the people who do it, instead report the spam!

Bit off-topic, but just giving my opinion on spam

We've discussed that place before. It was determined that they are selling illegal copies.

Note this from their FAQ

I have problems installing Windows XP Pro Service Pack

They then direct you on how to update your copy of Windows XP.

Another

Note, that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer and get their support, but we will do our best to support you any way possible

Thanks for the responses guys.

I figured it was not a legit site from the way they have the service packs there on the page.

Find someone in college that has a Campus Agreement then get Window XP for $5

Originally posted by Stupendous
Except that isn't legal

... i got windows 2k, windows XP, visual studio 6.0, visual studio.net, microsoft office 2k, microsoft office XP, and a host of other software packages all from my college for free. Students can usually get extremely cheap/free software becuase of liscesne agreements MS has with colleges in order to get them to raise the students on MS products. Garuntees future bussiness for microsoft basically, becuase all the graduates are trained on there system and noone elses.

threadstarter: check out http://cheapsoftware.com/

Originally posted by Stinger836
Not sure they are $5 but how is that illegal?

I'm assuming his friend isn't a student. I believe those licenses are only good while you are in school. Plus I thought you have to be attending the school for that license to be valid.

Originally posted by plot
... i got windows 2k, windows XP, visual studio 6.0, visual studio.net, microsoft office 2k, microsoft office XP, and a host of other software packages all from my college for free. Students can usually get extremely cheap/free software becuase of liscesne agreements MS has with colleges in order to get them to raise the students on MS products. Garuntees future bussiness for microsoft basically, becuase all the graduates are trained on there system and noone elses.

threadstarter: check out http://cheapsoftware.com/

As I said, in order for that license to be valid though you have to be attending the school that has that deal with Microsoft, correct?

Originally posted by Stupendous

As I said, in order for that license to be valid though you have to be attending the school that has that deal with Microsoft, correct?

actually, there's a small fee (compared to the price of all the software, a dirt cheap fee), that's charged when you graduate so you can keep the liscenses. i havn't graduated yet, so i don't know, but it's like 100$ at the most for a huge software bundle we get.

When i went to the site in question the first thing i noticed was...
All the software is OEM
that should answer all your questions... nothing illegal about that...

Originally posted by Snow4832
When i went to the site in question the first thing i noticed was...

that should answer all your questions... nothing illegal about that...

Yeah, but how about you read the rest of the site? Its based overseas. I've seen these spams from this site hundreds of times. It was actually covered here a couple months ago. Its illegal. They put the same thing you download off the internet onto a CD. And then charge you for it. By using their software, you are no better than someone who downloads it off the internet. In fact, its worse.

*Look it up on www.resellerratings.com*
the reviews that it had were posted said that it was a total "scam" and that the address was registered to someone in russia...

...I retract my previeous statement....

Back