Cheap PoE Switch

HavicWind

n00b
Here is question for you guys, do you know of a cheap PoE switch? Even a midspan would be okay but the key word is cheap. I have a huge VoIP install (500+ units), I'm connection numerous sites so I need 24 ports max at each site. I've been looking at Dlink's D-Link Web Smart DES-1526 which does everything I need and I can get it for just under a $1000 CAD (so 800ish US). I need 20 of these units as the VoIP gateways I'm using have a number of PoE ports on them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We already had enough switches when we rolled out IP phones, so instead of replacing them all with PoE switches i purchased several of these, I have had 0 problems and they have been running 24\7 for almost a year now. I know this isnt the answer you were looking for but thought I would give you an option if you already had good quality switches.

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?pathtype=purchase&tab=features&sku=3CNJPSE24

edit: we paid around 500 USD each for ours from our vendor, don't go by list price on a manufacturers site.

Back