cheap pci card?

Zohar78

[H]ard|Gawd
does anybody have a cheap video pci card for a comp?
I have enough parts to get 2-3 more comps online, but is being held back by 3 things. lack of vid card, 2x60 mm fan, and thermal paste!
Thanks.

tigersurplus.com or surplus geeks .com will have that kind of card really cheap, don't have any left around to send, used them all up :D

Check your local comp shop, The one i visit every two weeks or so will always have a bin with those kind of cards, fans and other stuff in it all the time. can come up with alot of usable folding parts for very little money, and every now and then i pick up something expensive so they are happy to see me, and I picked up a commercial UPS for five bucks and the repair tech told me what was wrong with it, which they usually won't do, cause he knows why I am buying parts, and what i do with them.

Still can't get them to run folding on their boxes that are on all day. :(

look high and low you will find what you need.

I think I've got an old isa card, don't know if it works or not. If your board can use it and you still need one let me know, I'll see if I can find it.

I think I've got a S3 Virge or two lying around. Are you planning on running Linux with X? If so the S3 cards could be a problem, as the drivers in X were kinda lame. I haven't tried them under Knoppix, so maybe they'll work OK. PM me if you want em.

Back