Cheap MSI GTX 260

hahahahaha!!!! I got 1 for $127 shipped!!!! WITHOUT MIR!

I got PNY BRAND NEW! This was with cashback and I received the 10% off coupon code in my email. It was listed 205$ shipped and i got 40% off of that with no MIR hassle! Wow.... I was planning on DX11 card in the summer but I couldnt pass this up.... I cant believe I got a 260 gtx for $127! Awesome.... now to almost break even when i sell my 8800 gt! :D

hahahahaha!!!! I got 1 for $127 shipped!!!! WITHOUT MIR!

I got PNY BRAND NEW! This was with cashback and I received the 10% off coupon code in my email. It was listed 205$ shipped and i got 40% off of that with no MIR hassle! Wow.... I was planning on DX11 card in the summer but I couldnt pass this up.... I cant believe I got a 260 gtx for $127! Awesome.... now to almost break even when i sell my 8800 gt! :D

Which seller? Reputable?

yep over 1k and 99% feedback. techtreasures i think. just search 260 gtx and sort by lowest price. He just listed 2 an hr ago and i bought 1

HAHAHA WTF.

I waited all freaking day for a lower price than what mwave had, in the end I caved and now you other buyers keep scoring lower priced deals. ARGH.

HAHAHA WTF.

I waited all freaking day for a lower price than what mwave had, in the end I caved and now you other buyers keep scoring lower priced deals. ARGH.

People who are getting better deals than MWave won't get warranty coverage (I haven't seen any cheap XFX cards for sale for their 1+1 warranty). So, you can be happy with your peace of mind, and they can hope the card doesn't die. I've never had a card die, but I'm not willing to take the risk to save an extra $20-30.

People who are getting better deals than MWave won't get warranty coverage (I haven't seen any cheap XFX cards for sale for their 1+1 warranty). So, you can be happy with your peace of mind, and they can hope the card doesn't die. I've never had a card die, but I'm not willing to take the risk to save an extra $20-30.

Ok :)

I just ordered it and got the 30% off, which is nice.

For the rebate, I need the serial number, am I going to need to get this off the actual card? or...

off of box that will be shipped to you so you can't submit it till you get the card.

Warning: Make sure you have the correct shipping address on your ebay account. I had my old address set as the primary and it's a headache.
Fortunately, I had the correct address on paypal when I paid. So, the only problem is, Mwave made a new invoice number after it was pending cashback. I'm kinda worried about the cashback being valid now.

Alright, then as long as they somehow don't take almost two weeks to get it to me then I'm golden.

Thanks bros.

Not true.... I got my $127 with no rebate and its brand new in shrink wrap. Its PNY but it still has a warranty just as if i bought it from newegg

You can login to Mwave.com and get your invoice and print it out. I see no reason why you won't be able to claim the $40 MIR. It will be $120.98 after 10% off coupon, $75 cash back from Live search, and after $40 MIR. Talk about surface of the sun hot! I should just about break even after I sell my old 8800GTS 320 and Physx card :D.

[21CW]killerofall;1033201414 said:
You can login to Mwave.com and get your invoice and print it out. I see no reason why you won't be able to claim the $40 MIR. It will be $120.98 after 10% off coupon, $75 cash back from Live search, and after $40 MIR. Talk about surface of the sun hot! I should just about break even after I sell my old 8800GTS 320 and Physx card :D.

not only that, but at least some of their auctions say that the card has a $40.00 MIR.

Not true.... I got my $127 with no rebate and its brand new in shrink wrap. Its PNY but it still has a warranty just as if i bought it from newegg

So the seller sent you a receipt/invoice that indicates the card was purchased from a non-ebay business that PNY can verify?

A lot of individuals on ebay state "new in shrinkwrap, never opened - full warranty" but that doesn't make it true. PNY, EVGA, etc, have no way of knowing whether the card was new in box or used when purchased from ebay. The only company that I know of that covers 2nd owners is XFX... BFG may cover ebay cards but I've heard hit and miss stories.

Am I correct that any speed advantages of the superclocked version can be obtained by overclocking a normal version of these cards?

I'm kinda thinking of going with the EVGA, simply because I always replace the HSF.

Also has anyone had any luck getting mwave/tech treasure to combine multiple items into a single auction :)

cashback down to 25%, any chance it will go back up? The extra 5% will save me $12.50 =)

Also how do we get an invoice for an ebay purchase for the MIR?

Picked up an MSI card too. Was looking for a good deal and 3 years is more than enough of a warranty period for me. Got the cash back notice, now just have to wait out the 59 days. Hopefully the MIR will come in, but still a really good deal without it.

I don't see why it wouldn't go through unless lost mail or someone in rebate center screws up. I checked my invoice online from mwave and it says nothing about ebay and looks as if I paid full price from their site since all the saving was from paypal and live search.

Picked up an MSI card too. Was looking for a good deal and 3 years is more than enough of a warranty period for me. Got the cash back notice, now just have to wait out the 59 days. Hopefully the MIR will come in, but still a really good deal without it.

Oh no, I'm not really worried about it. How did you log onto mwave to view your invoice? Is it just linked to your e-mail account? I guess I'm a little confused since my mwave email account is different that the one I used on ebay, and it is not showing up on there.

Never mind figured it out. Just needed to update to my current e-mail account and it showed up there.

can't ever seem to get cashback to work, and it's down to 25%, so whatever.

edit: hmm, I think I got it to work, but with cali tax it's still $180 after rebate so I think I'm going to have to keep using my 8800 so the wife doesn't bludgeon me.

I justified it to my wife since I'm selling my 7900GTX for $100. Net upgrade cost ~ $60.

Wow who is buying a 7900 for $100? Can't get that much even for an 8800 GT in most cases.

Probably should have waited, but I did this anyway.

I'll upgrade my 8800gtx to the gtx 260 and sell the 8800gtx for $100 on ebay.

Probably should have waited, but I did this anyway.

I'll upgrade my 8800gtx to the gtx 260 and sell the 8800gtx for $100 on ebay.

Why not sell it here? Nevermind you probably will get a higher sale price on ebay. Too many guys here looking for a [H] deal

Why not sell it here? Nevermind you probably will get a higher sale price on ebay. Too many guys here looking for a [H] deal

Most people here would be doing the same thing I am doing rather than buying a 8800 gtx. If they wanted to run it in SLI they would still be better off selling their 8800gtx and spending the extra money for SLI 260s.

Besides, even if someone wanted to buy it here, it'd be cheaper for them to buy it on ebay and get 25% off ;)

You can also get an EVGA gtx260 for 10 bucks more....same discounts and rebate amount apply.

Recieved my MSI GTX260 today, but there was no invoice inside. Not a biggie, just wishing the 60 days would pass by faster.

Recieved my MSI GTX260 today, but there was no invoice inside. Not a biggie, just wishing the 60 days would pass by faster.

So what receipt are you going to use for the MIR? Did MWave email you a suitable one?

Just got my MSI 260GTX yesterday. It crashes at factory speeds. Locks up when I try to launch a game.
I used nTune and found that it's semi-stable at underclocked memory 1050mhz (stock is 1080mhz).

If the desktop and window -dragging didn't feel sluggish, I'd keep it. I'm going to have to RMA this thing. Argh. I always seem to receive bad nVidia cards. Never had a problem with my Radeons.

Yeah, I couldn't logon to the site too, but the rep helped me. Card is handling Crysis on high at 1680x1080, and below 70 degrees.

I'm going to complain and gripe now about how it is NOT right for consumers to be forced to pay all shipping costs when we receive a defective product. It's going to cost me $22 because the card I got is defective.

Back