cheap heatsinks...

Zohar78

[H]ard|Gawd
Till i can get more money to buy some new power supplies for dual proc and my athlon 64,
im going to try to get some other little boxens around the house up and running. i have enough parts to get 3 comps up and running but i need to know where i can pick up some cheap good heatsinks for athlons. In oct of 03, i could go to svc.com and pick up sk6+ or an sk7 for around 15-20. now i dont know where to go for deals like that.

im hoping to get about 10-15 gigs folding of my own, plus about another 10 borged.

Speeze hsf's on Newegg are really cheap, they used to be around $8 for one with a copper insert. They aren't terribly effective but they get the job done and allow for a little bit of overclocking.

pageian said:
Speeze hsf's on Newegg are really cheap, they used to be around $8 for one with a copper insert. They aren't terribly effective but they get the job done and allow for a little bit of overclocking.
Last time I ordered 6 of these for <$45 shipped. (Quantity discount) then you could have a few left over to put on those other boxen you will build! :D

Surprisingly effective and quiet too. Matter of fact, my HTPC has one of these on it.

Localan said:
Last time I ordered 6 of these for <$45 shipped. (Quantity discount) then you could have a few left over to put on those other boxen you will build! :D

Surprisingly effective and quiet too. Matter of fact, my HTPC has one of these on it.

This is simillar to the coolers I got, although mine don't have green fans. :p Cheap, effective enough and fairly quiet if that's important. They are pretty close in design of the (Dynatron?) retail coolers that come with AMD cpu's.

I use the same speeze sinks that are listed above and added those thermaltake smart fans to them on 2Ghz+ systems. As noted on the 2 systems to the left:
4rack.jpg

I plan on switching out the other 2 coolers on the right with 2 more speeze heatsinks. When I finally find the time to do it while I am at home.

I thought I was the only Speeze junkie. :eek: They're easy to like - cheap, effective, and quiet. Just make sure you get one with a copper core.

BuiesCreek847 said:
All my rigs run the Speeze 5F263B1M3G. About $8 each. :cool:

Link to farm pic

Nothing like seeing a massive farm... worries me that there's a fire extinguisher sitting atop that breaker box......................... :D

Keep on Folding!!

Back