• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheap fan controllers?

Miranger

n00b
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
44
Well my question is simple im trying to get a fan controller for my new rig (still working on)
I have a Asus P5Q-Deluxe with a Q6600 on a CM690 & a 4850 (still waiting on my PSU damn... slow mail!)
As you know the 4850 heats up alot and i have 6 fans on the case atm but no way of knowing what speed they'll be running at id imagine %100 unless i can get a controller...
So i was wondering whats the best BUDGET fan controller i dont wanna spend over 30'ish
any suggestions?
 
This is what I'm using and it's the best controller I've had yet. Highly recommended and you'll definitely like the price I'm sure:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136404


Goes down to about 3v which immediately sets it above 90% of the controllers out there which mostly pathetically stop at 7v.
 
I dont really want to buy 2 of those for 6 fans heh the first suggestion ship to us?
 
You don't need two of them. That Sunbeam controller can run multiple fans off of one knob. Put your case fans in pairs of one intake and one exhaust per switch. Then leave your CPU fan separate on one switch.

Will work out great.
 
That sunbeam one looks like the Bee's knees. The one I have (and linked to) is very budget; I put my own heatsinks on the power mosfets out of paranoia because they get bloody hot.


And yeah, you can run multiple fans on any given channel so long as you don't go over the wattage rating per channel.

I have over 20 quiet fans spread across 6 channels with the controller I mentioned with no problems.
 
The number of fans isn't important, but the power each fan draws is. You can have 4 or 5 fans that only suck down 0.1 amps get trounced in power consumption by a high speed Ultra Kaze that uses over 0.6 amps.
 
You don't need two of them. That Sunbeam controller can run multiple fans off of one knob. Put your case fans in pairs of one intake and one exhaust per switch. Then leave your CPU fan separate on one switch.

Will work out great.


QFT. You can just get a couple of 3-pin splitters and you're all set.
 
Back
Top