Cheap desk amp to run bookshelf speakers?

lightsout

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a pair of sony cores I use with my PC, right now audio is ran through an old Onkyo receiver. It is large and runs really hot in my little office. Can anyone recommend a cheap desk amp?

There are a million of them on amazon and I don't know whats what . Lets say under $50.

Sound is output through an old external sound blaster sound card I have had for years. It has 5.1 analog outputs.

My motherboard only has stereo output.

I got a SMSL SA-60 driving my bookshelf on my PC, its tiny, like maybe size of 4 decks of cards. Has been solid for just over 2 years now. I paid i think $60-70 CDN for it.

I got a SMSL SA-60 driving my bookshelf on my PC, its tiny, like maybe size of 4 decks of cards. Has been solid for just over 2 years now. I paid i think $60-70 CDN for it.
Thanks looks like a nice option. I see the brand has a number of options.

I had a lepie 2020A it was pretty good for the $30 bucks I spent on it but it craped out after 2 years of daily use. I picked up the yeeco HiFi mini amp so far it's been great for a cheap mini amp, sounds great but the bass is not all that.

I have it connected to a Raspberry Pi and pushing Dayton audio B652 book shelf speakers on my tool box in a 7000 sq ft shop. I'd really like to get a hold of a Dayton Audio DTA-120 but they are pricey and hard to find here in Canada (well the last time I looked) . I recall Kyle and Zarathustra[H] putting a sound system together for Kyle sometime ago and he was really happy with the DTA-120.

I'm no audiophile and like I said my usage is in a work environment.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks guys, don't have the cash just yet, still looking around window shopping.

I bought this little Nobosound amp a couple years ago when I had to have my receiver serviced. It's very simple and works very well to drive some bookshelf speakers at good volume.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZNTS4O/

$45 and comes with a power supply. Takes banana connectors and has RCA inputs.

Bit cheaper version here with better reviews. Have a Nobsound balanced pre-amp myself (inline volume control for a pair of JBL studio monitors and a studio sub), and I've been happy with it.

Bit cheaper version here with better reviews. Have a Nobsound balanced pre-amp myself (inline volume control for a pair of JBL studio monitors and a studio sub), and I've been happy with it.
I ended up grabbing one of these. Figured the addition of bluetooth couldn't hurt. Thanks for the advice, it will be here friday I'll report back.

Back