Cheap case with front panel USB3 ?

MrCrispy

2[H]4U
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
4,001
Newegg doesn't let you filter by this. Looking for a cheap (<$100) case with following -

- front panel usb 3.0 ports
- toolless everything
- ssd bay
- decent cooling (200/120mm fans)
- bonus: removable drive cage in front
- side panels/bling/led is not imp
- support for watercooling is not imp

I remember finding a couple cases like this but forgot to save them to my wishlist.
 
I guess I am confused about some things here. First, SSD bay as opposed to juse an HDD bay? You want USB 3.0 specifically on the front panel? And decent cooling can be subjective. A 200mm fan isn't necessarily be better than 2 120mm fans, unless you want less noise perhaps?
 
Yes, less noise is what I meant. Front panel would be nice, I have a couple of USB3 externals. And some cases have a slot specifically for an SSD so you can use it without needing a 3.5" adapter, or velcro etc.
 
i'd say splurge a bit and get the corsair 600 T has everything, on the SSD bay get a drive adapter for 2x 2.5" for a 3.5" bay... wont regret it ;)
 
All our cases have SSD compatible drive trays without any adapter, and they all have front USB 3 at this point. The 400R is under $100, as well.
 
Back
Top