• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheap case mod--added wheels and handles

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
5,737
Well, I just thought I’d share this case. I purchased this LL lookalike case for 27 bucks. Added some wheels and handles and this is what I got. Let me tell ya, this case is an excellent buy for modders, LL lovers, or anyone looking for a cheapo quality case—and I mean it when I say it’s got quality to it.

The only negative are the bay covers that though made of the same material, need a little help staying in their bays. Quick fix is to bend them out a little or fill the slots lol.

Not sure if you can see the wheels but I pulled them off a cheap kids tricolor cabinet. The original case feet are those slide out type. They worked fine but as much moving as I do with the computer, I thought this would add to its mobility. The handles were easy.

Ill be adding blow holes and maybe a window later.




10010170ql.jpg


n17hr.jpg


n25dc.jpg




I really like this case...
 
Those are great cases to mod. You will love working on it.

Handles look cool. Good work. :)
 
Wow, for a minute there I almost thought it was a Lian Li.

Good going!

Its hard to tell from the picture, but do the wheels have little locking things so the case does'nt move when its just sitting there? (boy I'de hate to give it a bump and see my computer go crashing down).

Love to see how any other mods turn out.
 
Have you guys seen the aggressive inline wheels for trick skaters... like that size wheel (52-58mm)? Those would be awesome to mod onto the bottom of the case. Some ABEC-9 bearings + cool colored wheels would be the shit. You could take ur comp on a vert ramp or something... :p Well, actually not, but they come in clear, transparent colors, UV, solid colors, flourescent, etc..

HY5888.jpg
 
I ripped them off one of those plastic shelving units sold at walmart. I mean I paid for the unit and then ripped off the wheels lol.

You could always IM me. This thread made me look and cry because I don't have that monitor anymore :(
 
Nice .... handles & wheels always come in handy. :cool:

That case does look a lot like LL. Any idea how thick the aluminum is? I'd almost bet it's of a thinner gauge than what LL uses. But could be wrong.
 
never owned an LL but the only part of this case that felt flimsy was the bay covers. They are very loose but the thickness of the covers and case itself was rather sturdy which to me, equals thick. Of course it's no LL but for the money spent at the time (30 bucks) it was a steal.

Too bad I modded it more, painted it, and threw some odd holes in it or else I'd still have it. Technically lol I ruined it--but it was meant to be modded as I was and still am a novice. Didn't lose much money and gained a shit load of experience.
 
Back
Top