Cheap Case for Front Mount 240mm AIO cooler?

Sodapopjones

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi All, I'm looking for a cheapish case to run a Deep Cool Captain 240 EX front mounted, less points to leak on expensive crap and ultimately better air flow for the rad.

So far the Spec Alpha is standing out, any others in the $80 ball park or less? I could spend a small fortune on cases, but I have found through the years, I prefer budget cases to the likes of Lian-Li and higher priced offerings.

upload_2016-8-15_23-21-53.png

check out some of the diypc mid towers. i've used a few of them and have switched my personal systems over to their silence model. great cases for the sub $60 segment because they're replicas of more expensive cases.

This guy isn't too bad, not quite sure its going to fit front mounted, but I am not a fan of cases with doors like the Silence series. The quest continues!
upload_2016-8-16_19-5-22.png

the d480s for sure fit a 240mm rad in the front. the 280mm fitment is the iffy part. top mounted 240mm fitment can also be a problem depending on where the 8pin eps connector is located on the board. i'm kind of itching to try out their j180 case purely because one of them can be had for $30 after rebate.

I was digging more and I like the looks of this guy too, I kind of hate you for recommending DIYPC lol ;)

I think this might be the winner so far. The J180 would be nice if it wasn't white.
upload_2016-8-16_23-30-42.png

i kind of stumbled upon diypc by accident. it started with their matx chassis. i was looking for something that fit a budget and noticed that their matx offerings were kind of interesting looking. after i ordered the first one and found the quality impressive, they hooked me. btw they have a black j180 that is $30 after rebate. i'm thinking that case with custom water cooling and pink apevia led 120mm fans for a skylake build.

i kind of stumbled upon diypc by accident. it started with their matx chassis. i was looking for something that fit a budget and noticed that their matx offerings were kind of interesting looking. after i ordered the first one and found the quality impressive, they hooked me. btw they have a black j180 that is $30 after rebate. i'm thinking that case with custom water cooling and pink apevia led 120mm fans for a skylake build.

The DIYPC Gamerstorm has a lot of room for the money, of the budget offerings it looks like its the most flexible when it comes to rad sizes, and I just seem to like it for some reason. I did see the black J180, but I don't like the blue trim, minor thing I know lol.

Does it need to have a window?

The Define S has a crazy amount of water cooling support and it runs $79 for the solid panel version, $10 more for the window version.

If you have a Micro Center nearby, the Core 3500 windowed version is on sale nearly $50 off at $62.99 in store only.

Any of these can take a 240mm rad on the front. I'd go for the Define S personally just for the extra flexibility but the 3500's not a bad looking case.

The Define S is pretty nice, but I would want a window to show off the glowing CPU block, that would put that case at $100 shipped.

I think I'm pretty much set on that Gamerstorm case, unless something else pops out at me, I appreciate your guys help! :D

Back