Cheap/Best Wall Mount Solution?

Hey guys,

I posted a day ago about getting reccomendations for starting a network. Well since then I've bought a router, DSL filters, and I'm about to get a cable kit on ebay (I'll just use that scrap cables I have laying until then). I'm going to be connecting 3 computers to the router. The router is going to be in the room where my my computer/family computer is so I'll just run a cable from the computer to the router. Then I want to connect two other computers (one in my room and one in my sisters room) that are down the hallway. The cable is going to be run through the wall up into the attic and into the rooms via some sort of jack plate. The cables be around 80ft in length, so I don't need to worry about attenuation and I'll do what I can to keep em away for power lines. I need to find some decent priced wall jacks for cat5e cable. I see these keystone jack things that look cool but they are way too expensive. I need 3 plates in all, 2 plates with one jack for each of the rooms the internet is going to and 1plate w/ 2 jacks for the room with the router. Does anyone know the cheapest/best route to go? I don't want to be spending $30 on 3 wall mounts... Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks
-Matt

Thanks
-Matt

ebay.

how many keystone jacks do you need? How many wall plates or surface mount boxes do you need?

cheapest place i found online so far (5 minutes of looking was $2) for keystone jacks but those are el cheapo jacks.

Honestly spend the cash and get leviton, or siemon...something along those lines, the plates dont matter as much. home depot has them, lowes has them

If you want leviton, get it on ebay. You'll pay about a 2/3s less than you would at HD. But you really only need a few dollars worth of stuff, so the shipping cost will probably kill the savings.

Also, pick up a couple of these at HD:
http://www.smarthome.com/images/2552_big.jpg

They're low voltage old work boxes. Just cut a hole in the wall that's the right size, put them in, flip the "ears" up and tighen them down. Gives you a nice hole to fish cables through, and the wallplates will attach right to it.

Edit:
I bought all my stuff from these guys on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Fruit-Ridge-Tools-LLC

Everything has a decent "buy it now" price, they're shipping for multiple items is pretty good, and I always got my parts within a couple days.

Back