cheap ATX motherboard with 3 x16 pci-e slots ?

oldy

Weaksauce
i am looking for a cheap atx motherboard that have at least 3 x16 pci-e slots (effective pci-e lanes are irrelevant)

i looked on ebay but all consumer MoBo with cpu combo look a little bit pricey for my project
and i want to keep the cost down

so if i can find an atx "server" MoBo with xeon cpu to keep the cost down that would be great

it has to be atx and have at least 3 full pci-e slots

any suggestions ?

Well, if you don't need them to be 16x electrical you can just get a cheap board with 3 PCIe slots and notch the back of the slots that aren't 16x physical with a Dremel or file. Just make sure you get a board that doesn't have anything sticking up behind the slot that would prevent a card from seating properly. People do this sort of thing for bitcoin mining rigs all the time.

Are the cards you'll be using dual or single slot? What are you using them for / what's the "project"? What chipset generation are you looking at? You haven't really given enough information to get an answer.

From the older generation an asus Z87 or Z97 WS has 4 full length x16 slots, one of the few lga1150 boards to do so, you may have to look at socket 2011(v3) but that's not cheap

Back