• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheap $25 headset

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
1,480
What is a good headset I can get for $25? New, used, refurb, I don't care. I'm cheap and won't go any higher. At the top of my list is mic quality. Then comes sound. I've been looking and found the Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed-Ear Gaming Headset. Is that any good? What else do you guys reccomend?
 
I'd recommend the open Plantronics, unless you really need closed. Cheap closed headsets tend to have a 'submerged' feeling to them.

Do not get the Zalman mic if mic quality is your priority. A directional boom mic will be far better in this regard, due most in part to improved noise cancelation.

While I haven't tried the GamesCom in particular, I have gone through a few of their cheap old models as well. The sound quality is respectable...my $20 Plantronics are easily better than the $100 Steelseries Syberia V2 I just bought. The mic quality, while not as good as my Sennheiser PC350, is quite good. I have used it for many podcasts without any issues.
 
Well, I already have a pair of Panasonic Rp-htx7s. Should I just get the zalman clip-on mic?
 
Back
Top