Chasing down a rogue Boxen?

RPhArrow

Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
939
So HF.com is showing me that on one particular update I got 49 points for 3 WU.... Yesterday I got 60 points on 1 unit on an update. Naturally I figure I've got a rogue Boxen that is overheating or something and throwing EUE's. I read the logs for all local boxen and they all look good. Therefore one of my borgs must be messed up.

1. Is this line of thinking correct ?
2. Is there any way to determine what borg is messing up using Stanford reports/tools ?
3. Do I really have to visit all my in-laws and outlaws to find this boxen ?

RPhArrow --\\\--------------------------->
 
No.

PM a mod over at offical forums (ChesOil/7im) tell them what is going on.

They can tell you the make (AMD/Intel), OS version and last set in the IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.69) of the past WU's to come in.

Then if you can't tell from the make, have the in-laws send you a email (with nude pics if hot) and check the headers for source address. Or have them go to www.whatismyip.com to find out.

edit: no old foggie pics... :)
 
could be bad WU's too. getting 60 points into a WU then EUE points to bad WU I think.

Give it a day and see what happens maybe?
 
Your bad WU's were better than mine. Last week I got three 10 pointers and one 14 pointer :confused: .

It seemed to have worked itself out on its own though. Could have been bad WU's from stanford.
 
ReaperofDreams said:
Your bad WU's were better than mine. Last week I got three 10 pointers and one 14 pointer :confused: .

It seemed to have worked itself out on its own though. Could have been bad WU's from stanford.

ChelseaOilman gave me info that pretty much points to a bad box... I think it's my Dad's (120 miles away) but he's in the hospital right now , so it may take a day or 2 to iron it out. I probably just need to take a can of compressed air over & hose out his computer :p )

RPhArrow --\\\--------------------------->
 
RPhArrow said:
ChelseaOilman gave me info that pretty much points to a bad box... I think it's my Dad's (120 miles away) but he's in the hospital right now , so it may take a day or 2 to iron it out. I probably just need to take a can of compressed air over & hose out his computer :p )

RPhArrow --\\\--------------------------->


Wow, must be one really old computer huh.... :p



:D :D
 
RPhArrow said:
ChelseaOilman gave me info that pretty much points to a bad box... I think it's my Dad's (120 miles away) but he's in the hospital right now , so it may take a day or 2 to iron it out. I probably just need to take a can of compressed air over & hose out his computer :p )

RPhArrow --\\\--------------------------->
Probably gonna want to take it outside first ;)

 
unhappy_mage said:
Probably gonna want to take it outside first ;)


Probably not a good idea today or tomorrow since it is raining quite hard :D I called him tonight to see if he could bring up the services page, but it's pretty hard to push a guy into that when he has just come home from eye surgery . I just yelled at him " But you are 84 years old & I want to prevent you from getting Alzheimer's .... so get off your butt & check the folding service !!!" :eek:

Nah... not really :) I told him I'd check with him later... like tomorrow , and we could go through the process .... Hell, I know he'll be checking his email tomorrow anyway !

RPhArrow --\\\------------------------------------>
 
Back
Top