Charter is being crappy (help w/email)

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
I use Eudora with my ISP's email server, which very unfortunatly is Charter.

I got a new PC, and installed everything, got it working, etc. Then, suddenly, after sending a few work related emails, charter's server is REFUSING connections to the SMTP server. Sending work related emails is impossible now. :( Uninstalling and reinstalling Eudora, upgrading it, and changing settings didn't work, and calling their "tech support" was like talking to a block of wood.

I bit the bullet and installed Outlook, and hey! Guess what, I'm having the same problem! My mom's email account works fine until I try sending a specific email, then it refuses it and ALL other emails through that account. :(

NOW, charter is doing something even MORE irritating, it's trying to redirect certain webpages to "install.charter.com", which is frankly PISSING ME OFF. What the FUCK are they doing, WHY are they doing it, and how can I get my mom's email working/stop them from doing this anymore? I can't do fucking research for my class because, guess what? Each time I do a google search and click a link, it redirects to install.charter.net.

For the email problem...Do you have your anti-virus/anti-spyware set to scan incoming emails? If so, disable it.

Frank4d said:
For the email problem...Do you have your anti-virus/anti-spyware set to scan incoming emails? If so, disable it.

No, it's just running straight to and from the server. :(

I used Popfile, but after reinstalling Eudora, it was doing it without using Popfile.

I fixed the hijack by Charter by doing a ping on the install.charter.com domain, then I blocked install.charter.com and it's IP in my Hosts file. Fixed a bunch of things.

Back