Channels reversed(silly Q)

x y u

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2000
Messages
294
I know this sounds easy, and believe me, i've tried almost everything i can think of but...

How on earth do I reverse the audio channels in windows? My right output is heading to my left speaker(headphones) and vise versa. Before you say it, no my headphones are not on wrong, and no they can't be switched because of comfortability. :confused:

Anyway, I've checked through my audio options, clicked on all the properties etc...and just cannot find a place to flip the audio around. I know some games had this option but I can't find it in windows. I've looked around the BIOS, and to my knowledge I dont THINK there was a left / right audio jumper on my mobo. (MSI AMD) I'm using the onboard at the moment because my audigy broke.

Anyway, to get back to the point, is there any easy way to flip the audio channels?
 
I don't think there is such an option. I would check under control panel->sounds and audio and see if you can find anything. If all else fails you can always just wear your headphone backwards, or if that bothers you, you can flip the wires.
 
yeah, sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

I think you're right that there's no option, i've looked all over the audio properties. I can't wear my headphones reversed because they dont fit that way.

What do you mean by "flipping the wires" ?
 
I mean cut the headphone wire and switch the left/right + wires, or what I would do is make a short cable that would have a female headphone jack on one end and a male jack on the other with the channel wires switched, that way you wouldn't have to cut your headphone cable.

Head-Fi tutorial
 
bump.

I have the same problem so instead of starting a new thread I bumped this up incase anyone else had anything else to add.
 
Get a real soundcard and stop using that onboard crap. I expect the issue is the onboard software drivers.
 
I had the exact same problem except that it only happens with the headphone jacks in the front of the case. If I plugged it in the back then everything's peachy. I normally plug my speakers in the back and plug/and unplug the headphones in the front if needed. I was not about to crawl under the desk and unplug the speakers to plug my headphones in so I got a headphone / speaker switch for $10 at Radio Shack. i'll post pics later
 
I had the exact same problem except that it only happens with the headphone jacks in the front of the case. If I plugged it in the back then everything's peachy. I normally plug my speakers in the back and plug/and unplug the headphones in the front if needed. I was not about to crawl under the desk and unplug the speakers to plug my headphones in so I got a headphone / speaker switch for $10 at Radio Shack. i'll post pics later



Why not just switch the front panel connectors where they connect to the motherboard?
(they are connected wrong in your example)
 
Why not just switch the front panel connectors where they connect to the motherboard?
(they are connected wrong in your example)

I thought so myself until I swapped the left/right connectors with no success. I had several people look at it and confirmed after switching the wires the results were the same. I spoke with a rep and was told that I was not alone on this issue. a small batch of the K8T-pro and the K890 had issues with sound. She offered a replacement but could not guarantee that the replacement will work correctly.:rolleyes: So I opted for the headphone switch and called it a day.
 
Back
Top