Changing username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I can see why. :D Unfortunately, the only way to do that around here is to have an admin delete your account and then you create a new one.

of course, since you only have ~17 posts, it's not really a big deal for you ;)

Too bad there isnt an option in the CP that will allow you to change your account name.. but only one time.

With 50,000 members, even one change per member would cause mass confusion all the way around. It's much better the way it is with the Admins controlling the situation...if a member deserves a change, at least we know about it :cool:

Yeah. Ive been reading these forums since early 2000, signed up in 2001. Many of these usernames are familiar to me, everyone changing around would be... insane.

hilarious......

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (give or take an "e") says "i would like a shorter username"

i totally understood his reasonings after i looked AT his username. not so much the length, but the pure amount of "e"s. You have to count out all of those e's too, can't just look and tell, at least i can't.

MajorDomo said:
I would kill that account name just for fun :p

I'd give him a title, "Eager use of vowels"

:p

But, I'm not a mod so hopefully somebody with some power will take notice of the slight comic relief :D

RandysWay said:
Too bad there isnt an option in the CP that will allow you to change your account name.. but only one time.

Could be a point system, or something... every 300 [meaningful] posts and you have the power to change it :p

ScHpAnKy said:
I'd give him a title, "Eager use of vowels"

:p
And I would take out the excessive use of ====================== in your location because it stretches the page. Oh, wait, I just did that. ;)

ATIIsBetter said:
obviously i need a name change too.... (see sig)

obviously you didn't read the majority of this thread... or look into what MD posted...

Here is the txt of it since you are too lazy to clicky..:
(6) How do I change my username?
Usernames are not changeable unless it is to the advantage of the Administration ie: politically incorrect/trollbait/disgusting/improper usernames that somehow slipped through the filter. If you want a different name, you must have an admin close your present account and then you may re-register with the new name.

Lethal said:
And I would take out the excessive use of ====================== in your location because it stretches the page. Oh, wait, I just did that. ;)

I made sure it didn't before I even hit save a year ago... what resolution are you running? browser?

Firefox / 1280x1024:

noequal2cf.gif

equal8yy.gif

no stretching here, odd :confused:

To emphasize the point, no name changes are made unless there is a very good reason and the Administration determine the reason. So I guess the short answer is "no" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back