• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Changing the LED Sensor light in an optical mouse. Need help.

decoded

n00b
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
59
I'm planning on changing the red ultrabrite led in my mouse to blue. would It have any effect on the mouse performance? is the optical sensor in the mouse only programmed for red? or just any bright light source in general?

Thanks in advance.
 
yes the optical mouse is designed for the color red, now you can add a led somewhere else on the mouse if you like.
 
I changed my old mouse to a single blue LED and it worked great for about 3 months, then it started moving on its own :confused:
 
i guess it really depends on the mouse and the briteness of the led itself. i'm using the exact same led but blue. but I guess I'll just leave it red and change the one in the back to blue and the red plastic plate to a clear acrylic that I'll ruff up with some sand papper.

thanks guys for the help.
 
Changing the Led on a mouse from red to blue would decrease the performance of the mouse. I think it has to do that red is the longest wavelength....physics stuff like that...lol.
Do a search on it and you'll find some information about it.

...Dan
 
I did the switch and the mouse works perfectly, except I have to use a white mousepad.
 
Back
Top