Changing source problem with monitor

kensai

n00b
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
35
I'm having a problem with my Samsung 2232bw and I'd be really glad if you can help me. I use it for both my pc and Xbox 360. The problem is, if I detach the data cable from monitor, when I reattach it it doesn't turn on. The blue light just starts to blink like it doesn't recieve any data. Trying Source button or turning the monitor on/off doesn't help. I don't get any vision unless I restart my pc. Although I'm not absolutly sure if it's a monitor problem because this doesn't happen with Xbox 360. I have a Palit Sonic 8800gt and I use Windows XP sp2. Do you have any idea how to solve this? I appreciate any help.
 
Funny, i just got this monitor and have pretty much the same issue. No signal or random signal detection.

I tried it with 2 different pc's. One with AGP Ati video card and other with PCIE 7600GT.
It's very random when it detects signal. Also,sometime works half way and then as it loads windows it looses signal again.

I think there's some kind of a handshake conflict between video card and monitor on dvi port.
Good luck, let me know if you find a solution.
 
Back
Top