Changing Refresh

iSkylla

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,240
Hey guys, I have a Hyundai L90D+ and it runs at 60Hz using the DVI Connector. I was wondering if when I use 1024x768 (Counter Strike) if I could get a higher refresh rate like 75-80Hz, even 70Hz would be better. Any idea how to do this? I don't want to hurt my monitor :rolleyes:
 
Set it to 75Hz and keep it forced with a program like Ati Tray Tools or ReForce. It shouldn't be a problem at any resolution.
 
it won't damage the LCD, no. They can handle up to 75Hz refresh rate at the "maximum" refresh rate. However, on a TFT, the "recommended" and "optimum" refresh rate is 60Hz as detailed by all the data sheets and specs for the models. They are designed to run at ^0hz and in some cases can operate better in these conditions. Sometimes it can show a beter quality image, and running outside recommended refresh has also been known to impact RTC (overdrive) contol. Not an issue on this particular model though as it doesn't use the technology. Just something to note. 60Hz is what you're supposed to run at fwiw
 
Setting a higher refresh rate won't damage an LCD monitor, but every LCD monitor I've used will display 60 frames per second regardless of the refresh rate. This means setting the refresh rate to 75 Hz will cause it to skip every 5th frame, which results in jumpy movement, so there's really no point in setting a higher refresh rate.
 
I am using a lower resolution. Alright I will try ReForce and try to get 75Hz and see what happens.
 
Well, I installed the LCD drivers and just changed it in the advanced settings. I am running Vsync and it says 75Hz so I happy. I don't see any visual artifacts either.
 
iSkylla said:
Well, I installed the LCD drivers and just changed it in the advanced settings. I am running Vsync and it says 75Hz so I happy. I don't see any visual artifacts either.

Can you see any FPS increase?
 
Back
Top