Changing my mono-cores to dual-cores

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
So, the deal is, next week sometime I will be upgrading one computer from an AthlonXP 2400+ to a Core 2 Duo E4400, and my other computer from an Athlon64 3200+ to a Core 2 Duo E6600.

I would like to know what ppd peeps have been seeing on these processors (per core), I do not plan on running the SMP core until it's out of beta and can be installed as a service.

Thankx.

I get almost 1,500-1,700 on average per day on my E6600 OC'd to 3.4GHz. (Depending on which project I get thrown at me)
I can't speak about the E6400, as I don't own one.
I plan to add another E6600 as soon as I get the funds.

So, the deal is, next week sometime I will be upgrading one computer from an AthlonXP 2400+ to a Core 2 Duo E4400, and my other computer from an Athlon64 3200+ to a Core 2 Duo E6600.

I would like to know what ppd peeps have been seeing on these processors (per core), I do not plan on running the SMP core until it's out of beta and can be installed as a service.

Thankx.
Have a look here:
http://fahinfo.org/index.php?allscores=true&offset=0
There are some sample values.

If your sticking to single core clients then you'll see an increase of around 0-100% points per hour per Ghz depending on which protiens you fold.
Some protiens wont give you much of speed boost, ie 5 way melts & Super villans.
A good average is probably around a 15-25% increase in PpDpG.

Swopping to the SMP client will give you around a 8x increase in PpDpG.
So one SMP client will give you over double the Points per Day of two CPU clients.

Luck ......... :D

Thankx.

I just want to say congrats. Good move.

You CAN install SMP as a service...it's just not supported. I just have the shortcut in my startup folder ATM. Nothing like 2000ppd FTW!

You CAN install SMP as a service...it's just not supported. I just have the shortcut in my startup folder ATM. Nothing like 2000ppd FTW!

I would, except at this point this is a dual-use computer (gaming and school/homework) and I don't need any crashing. Maybe I'll try it for a bit and see how it turns out.

Back