Changing GTX 470

Arnge

Limp Gawd
So it have been a while since I upgraded my VGA card.

so I am looking for something to replace my GTX470 , need a card with low power consumption , same size or even smaller, low heat emission ,and a mid range price.

my mother board supports sli .and I have a 3570K processor up to 4.2.

I mainly play racing games and online games like world of tanks.

your support is highly appreciated.

and I have 2 SSD drives on raid if that matters.

GTX 760. Maybe a gtx 660 for the sake of even lower temps and power if that is your primary concern although the 760 will still be much better than the 470.

I can buy one with an after market fan pre-installed .

may be the asus CU II or some Evga ,

I am an Evga fanboy BTW.

Well the gtx 760 is a great card for the price at $249 usd and performs a lot better than the 660.

What's your budget?

560ti, 660, 660ti, 670 all use less power I believe, and perform better as well.

You are looking at a GTX 760 then, assuming you are buying new of course.

With that budget, a GTX 760 would be your best choice. Maybe if you strike a deal, a used GTX 770.

I would go with a GTX 760. I had a GTX 280, its about the same performance as a 470. Replaced it with a 760 this week and could not be more happy. I would only go with the 660 if you wanted a cheaper card with lower power consumption. Bang for buck however I would pick the 760.

I would go with a GTX 760. I had a GTX 280, its about the same performance as a 470. Replaced it with a 760 this week and could not be more happy. I would only go with the 660 if you wanted a cheaper card with lower power consumption. Bang for buck however I would pick the 760.
even at launch, a gtx470 was about 25-30% faster than a gtx280 and that gap only grew over time.

and the OP has already decided to get the 760 and is trying to choose between ASUS or Evga.

Are you selling your 470? You could likely get between $80-$100 depending on model, that could bump your budget up!

don't really worry about selling the old one for the budget.

but I came from a time that Evga was the best card to buy , but now I see ASUS as a great card too.

specially in Egypt we don't get life time warranty.

so I now care about heat and power consumption .

There aren't any glaring issues with the popular Gigabyte Windforce branded cards, or MSI etc..I would buy based on what card has the best feature set (guaranteed o/c speeds, reference vs custom cooling etc) for the least amount of money.

buy the 760 which looks the coolest to you since they are all good cards.

No contest, the EVGA Superclocked with ACX. Get it from Newegg for $265 here

ACX is amazing. The card is not smaller, but it sure does run cooler and quieter. The 470 was/is a power hog and runs really hot! (Actually, most of the GTX4xx was power hungry and hot!) You will not believe how much better the new ACX is.

Back