• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Changing from 3/8 to 7/16

kenpomasta

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
983
Im going to be upgrading my W/C system from 3/8 to 7/16 and I got a couple Qs. Right now Im running a dual Swiftech rad on the back of my case, and a single 120 rad in the front bottom of the case. I just ran the tubing though the PCI slot opening right now for the tubing to the outside rad.

1.. When I switch up to 7/16 will that tubing still be able to pass though the PCI slot w/o drilling any holes.

Also I use to be running 2 single 120s before I got a dual 120 rad on the outside. When I added it I just kept the single 120 rad int he loop cause I didnt feel like rerunning the tubing. When I change everything to 7/16,

2... Would it be still worth it to leave the single 120 in the loop,

And Im running one of the old swiftech bayres's.

3... Would it be worth getting one of the new little mini res they have now.


Thanks for the help

Setup:
Storm WB
DDC modded top
2 x PolarFLO TT Acrylic VGA WB
Switech Dual 120 rad
Single 120 rad
Bayres
 
I dont think the tubing would comfortably fit through a PCI slot.

With a modded DDC, it might not be too detrimental to leave the second rad in there
 
Im running the original full sized Swiftech bay res, the one before the one that has the pump built into it.
 
Definitely go with the 7/16"id 5/8"od MasterKlear or Tygon tubing. The Micro-Res works great and is very quiet.
 
I fit 7/16" tubing through my PCI slots, its tight but it works.

I would pull the extra single just for simplicities sake. Will also lower overall restriction of loop, but with a modded DDC, that may not be a concern.

If your current res does its job and you're happy with it, keep it. Its not going to help/hurt performance either way.
 
Thanks for all the help. I was a little worried about the 7/16 fitting though the PCI slot. Im glad that others have made it fit.

My pump I did the mod myself before the Plexi tops were out. I have it setup atm as 1/2 ID intake pulling from my res with a 1/2 ID tube, but then 3/8 output off the pump to the rest of the system in 3/8. Im not sure if its worth $30 to get the plexi top that has 1/2 ID both in and out of the pump, vs just keeping my pump as is and just convert the 3/8 to 1/2 on or just clamp the 7/16 tube on the 3/8 output of the pump. . Any thoughts on this? I just want to have all my ducks in order before I order anything and pull my system apart.
 
I wouldn't clamp 7/16 to a 3/8 barb. Make sure it's 1/2". Is your inlet on your pump on the top, or on the side like stock? The plexi tops are pretty nice, and having the inlet on the top greatly improves flow rate. If its on the side, definitely get the new top.
 
i put a 1/2 barb on the top of it. but kept the 3/8 output on teh side. I think i will just use a 3/8 to 1/2 barb. then
 
Back
Top