Changing CD Rom Drive Boot? G/H to E/F

FrostBite

[H]ard|Gawd
Just reformated my computer and reinstalled everything but I guess I did something wrong. I had my USB jump drive (those little pencil sized USB flash card thingys) and my USB hubbed plugged in when I was installing Windows XP. I now have my hard drives set as C: and D:, my USB hub and jump drive as E: and F:, and my CD Rom as G: and H:. Is there a way to change it so my CD Rom's will be E: and F:? Do I have to disable the USB hub and re-install Windows XP again?

It's pretty easy to change drive letters of non-boot and non-system volumes. Just go to "Start Menu"-->"Run"-->type "diskmgmt.msc"-->Right click on the drive you want to change, and pick what you want to do.

EDIT: Just in case, of course if you want to assign something to E: while there is something else on E:, just set E: to something else, and then set what you want on E:, and so on.

great! just changed everything, thanks again.

just curious though, is there a list of commands and what they do somewhere so I can just look these things up without troubling you folks?

FrostBite said:
just curious though, is there a list of commands and what they do somewhere so I can just look these things up without troubling you folks?
Don't know of any, but that was just a shortcut to get to disk management. You can get to it by a couple of other ways, such as "Control Panel"-->"Administrative Tools" (on the classic view, not sure on the fancy XP look) -->"Computer Management"-->"Disk Management".

Back