changing a website

mejohnm

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
89
Hello all,

I have a friend that has a pure flash-based webpage. The link is www.dermatologie-online.com. The question I have, is it possible to have a website close to this without using flash? I do not mind flash but I like internet search engines to be able to find the different menus. Also, if you all do not mind, what do you think of the site? Many thanks too :)
 
Last edited:
Hello all,

I have a friend that has a pure flash-based webpage. The link is www.dermatologie-online.com. The question I have, is it possible to have a website close to this without using flash? I do not mind flash but I like internet search engines to be able to find the different menus. Also, if you all do not mind, what do you think of the site? Many thanks too :)
The site presentation is pathetic. The "mystery meat" site navigation is a bad pattern. A minor shift of the mouse suddenly has entire page content being replaced. Overall this looks more like a Flash developer showing off, rather than a design capable of quickly providing potential visitors the medical and procedure-specific information they are looking for. SEO is impossible.

Your question about whether another web technology could achieve the same effect seems misdirected. I'd argue whether or not this design should even be implemented.
 
A complete facelift then. That is okay too since the workable file isn't from adobe flash. It was made from swishmax. The way the box opens up is something this office wants to keep. I told them the site should be completed redone. No way to navigate makes it very hard to know what info is going to pop out.
 
Also there are a lot of misspellings (lol the site is not in english joke ;)).

You can do a lot of cool, similar things with jQuery. You could probably redo the entire site using jQuery, and get basically the same effect.

Personally, using that site makes me want to kill myself. You could modify it slighty by having titles on each tab, have them be clickable instead of mouse over, and have a static menu on the top/buttom that had clickable links that would open up the appropriate tab. That would make the site about 203212 times better, though still far from perfect, IMO.
 
For a quick fix that would be good, and I fully agree, but I need the .fla file. I doubt the maker will give us this file. So I will have to redo it. I haven't done much with JQuery but never too late to learn something new.
 
Back
Top