ok I want to clarify some Windows 2000 Pro settings.
to change the administrators windows 2000 password we would go to:
start >> control panel >> admin tools >> computer management >> local users and groups >> users >> right click on administrator >> set password.
is that it? you dont have to verify your own password?
I have also successfully shared my Windows 2000 server with my Win XP Home laptop. I can access both hard drives and vice versa. But the problem I am having is when I access a shared folder on the Win 2000 (server) from the laptop (xp home). It will ask me for a username and a password. How do I change this password because my password is like 1234?
I remeber set this up when I was installing Win 2000 therefore it is pretty unfeasible to re install win 2000 just to change it.
- (yes they are on the same MSHOME domain).
- (yes I do not see it when I right click on the shared folder options to set it was shared (ie. the HD))
- (yes i logged in as full admin)
to change the administrators windows 2000 password we would go to:
start >> control panel >> admin tools >> computer management >> local users and groups >> users >> right click on administrator >> set password.
is that it? you dont have to verify your own password?
I have also successfully shared my Windows 2000 server with my Win XP Home laptop. I can access both hard drives and vice versa. But the problem I am having is when I access a shared folder on the Win 2000 (server) from the laptop (xp home). It will ask me for a username and a password. How do I change this password because my password is like 1234?
- (yes they are on the same MSHOME domain).
- (yes I do not see it when I right click on the shared folder options to set it was shared (ie. the HD))
- (yes i logged in as full admin)