Change to the F@H EULA

I assume this is due to the problems this summer / fall with the increase in borging/
There has also been an increase in subjects putting hidden installer inside torrent files.

This is a good thing.

It's nothing we don't tell [H]-ers to do already.

It's a great move and I hope this will tell everyone to be careful with borging computers not their own.

Screw that. I build the computer for a friend or a family for cost, they offer me their GPU for folding. That's the way it's always been, :p

WAIVER OF LIABILITY & HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

WHEREAS I, (indicate full name) ___________________________________________________________
am about to participate in the Folding@home distributed computing project
and, I acknowledge that I understand that in consideration for my being permitted to participate in
said distributed computing project, I do hereby, for myself, the members of my family and spouse
if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives if I am deceased, acknowledge
and assume the risk of participation in the distributed computing project, and
do hereby RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ________________________________________________,
(herein after referred to as "Releasees") whether accompanying said distributed computing project or otherwise,
from any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action on account of any injury to me or my property or
on account of my death which may occur from any cause during the said distributed computing project,
or any continuances thereof; and I do hereby expressly covenant and agree to refrain from bringing suit
or proceedings at law or in equity or otherwise as provided by law, against any of said bodied or persons
on account of any and all such claims, demands, actions or causes of action.

I further AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability,
damage or cost, including court costs and attorney's fees, that they may incur due to my participation in said
distributed computing project.
IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own, free act and
deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been
made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent (if not eighteen, my parent(s) or guardian(s)
agree with the terms of this document and sign it as such); and I execute this Release for full, adequate and
complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.

Signature _________________________________ Date ___________
Guardian's Signature ________________________ Date ___________

It's a good thing I own all the computers I build and loan out on the condition that they fold and I have 24/7 internet access

fuck that, if I build you a machine, you're going to cure cancer whether you like it or not, bitch.

Take that you damned melanomas! We'll get your ass someday.

Seriously, I don't think I would ask for written permission from friends or family ELUA or not. It should be enough just to ask them. However, you would be crazy not to get written permission folding at work. Even with the written permission, it still might not save you if things go bad. There could be a case were the boss of whoever signed it would say that the signer was not authorized to represent the company in that matter.

The EULA change is more aimed toward mass borging at work or via the distribution of software since this is what got many folders nailed and zeroed out. I don't think they will zero out a folder for "hey Vijay, my son installed F@H on my computer and I don't like the looks, punish my son".

Another area to be careful is from computer technicians doing inhouse repair and who install the software in compensation for the time spent. In this case, it's a good idea to have a written agreement and if they said yes for F@H, they will surely sign it without problems. If they are hesitant about that, just forget about borging.

WAIVER OF LIABILITY & HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

WHEREAS I, (indicate full name) ___________________________________________________________
am about to participate in the Folding@home distributed computing project
and, I acknowledge that I understand that in consideration for my being permitted to participate in
said distributed computing project, I do hereby, for myself, the members of my family and spouse
if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives if I am deceased, acknowledge
and assume the risk of participation in the distributed computing project, and
do hereby RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ________________________________________________,
(herein after referred to as "Releasees") whether accompanying said distributed computing project or otherwise,
from any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action on account of any injury to me or my property or
on account of my death which may occur from any cause during the said distributed computing project,
or any continuances thereof; and I do hereby expressly covenant and agree to refrain from bringing suit
or proceedings at law or in equity or otherwise as provided by law, against any of said bodied or persons
on account of any and all such claims, demands, actions or causes of action.

I further AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability,
damage or cost, including court costs and attorney's fees, that they may incur due to my participation in said
distributed computing project.
IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own, free act and
deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been
made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent (if not eighteen, my parent(s) or guardian(s)
agree with the terms of this document and sign it as such); and I execute this Release for full, adequate and
complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.

Signature _________________________________ Date ___________
Guardian's Signature ________________________ Date ___________

Excellent. This would certainly make things cut and dry in future situations.

Back