Change over

Charlie_D

Gawd
Well, my points might dip for a few days. I got my q6600, I've been testing her for stability... I have it sitting at 3.4 right now, so the old x2 will get back up and running in the next day or two :)

Yay! Quad!

Sweet!

Am I right in quessing that the Q will be set up for SMP? That will be a nice PPD boost if it is.

What are the specs. on the new machine? I would be interested in the combination that you came up with. Hell, I should probably add my info. to my sig. Not that I post all that much. :)

System is a q6600 running on a P35-DS4, with 4gb G.skill DDR2 (the 1000Mhz stuff), .... awww heck, here are the specs; some of it is recycled from the old x2.

Q6600 G0
P35-DS4
4GB G.skill "PC-8000" 5-5-5-15
Galaxy Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Seagate 320GB HDD
Seagate 500GB HDD
500w PS (Moncaso job that was on sale Boxing Day :D )
burner, card reader...

That's the main bit. I checked to make sure the PS would do the job, since my old system didn't suck quite so much power... but the max I can make this thing pull is about 240w, 310 if I stress and OC the 8800gt. I don't stress the card much in Fedora though :)

I pulled down a p3060_BBA5_1 last night when I was testing at stock; gonna let it finish before I split the cores up. Currently doing 10m50s per iteration on that one.

Charlie

That's pretty much mine at this point....

MSI Neo2-FR
Q6600 G0
2x2GB OCZ Gold
Gigabyte 8800GT

running me about 3200 PPD @ stock speeds....holding off on overclocking it for the time being since I need it for programming as well, so I can't risk overdoing it :D

That's pretty much mine at this point....

MSI Neo2-FR
Q6600 G0
2x2GB OCZ Gold
Gigabyte 8800GT

running me about 3200 PPD @ stock speeds....holding off on overclocking it for the time being since I need it for programming as well, so I can't risk overdoing it :D

Oh come on....just bump the fsb up to 333. You know you want to!!!! :D

Blow on it? Pull the side cover? Desktop fan?

Looking for cheap cooling solutions on hand.

the rig sits in front of an open window :D

that being said, the retail hsf sucks balls comparatively, so it won't be too long before i upgrade....want it before it stops being 30F out at night

An open window? :eek:

I'm guessing you don't live where I do, it's -52C outside today :D

it's a terrible 40F in bellevue, wa :p
granted, if it was -52C out and the pc sat in front of said open window, then yea i'd be overclocking the living hell out of it :D

Back