Change my motorcycle paint job please!

Corporal79

Gawd
This is my current bike...
Scorpion%20Installed%202.JPG

I'm thinking about a paintjob, can someone change the paint to match this Ducati, including the wheels?
Ducati_Monster_1000_S_2005_01_1024.jpg

Thanks so much!

It's a pretty big ask to get a nasty UJM and make it look as fine as an Italian machine, even only as far as paintjob :p

lol thanks, I've loved the paintjob on that Duc since the first time I saw it, someone give it a shot?

Here's a quick attempt of mine. I couldn't get the color of the rims exact, but close enough to get the idea. I also left it a two tone grey, where the silver ans blue was, to break up the space. I had it all one grey and it looked rather dull. I think with the shape of the bike a two tone would be best.

wow that looks great! Is there anyway you could make the rims a bit darker?

Other than that it looks perfect, great job

ok I adjusted a couple of times. I also made the rims red and the accents red in one, just to see. I know you probably don't want color suggestions, I didn't when I was painting my car, so take it with a grain of salt.

red + accents

suggestions are always welcome, I like the one with the color matched decals!

If you have a color scheme suggestion, I'd love to hear it. I'm very open to what I'm going to do and other peoples opinions are helpful!

Scotty_SFF said:

mmm I like the red, how do you do you guys change the color? I downloaded the photoshop trial but am not familiar with it at all.

I'd love to be able to test out some other color combinations

So here is a color combo I've been drawn to. Some people like it, some hate it. I don't think there is an inbetween.

As for adjusting the color. Here is how I do it. I use the selection tools, lasso, magic wand etc... and select the area of color I want to change. then I go under the "image" menu then "adjust" submenu and then "hue/saturation". When the box comes up you can fine tune the color you have currently selected by adjusting the slider bars. Make sure to have the preview box checked. To change the color, check the colorize box. the way I choose my color is to leave the lightness at 0 and move the saturation to +100. the slide the hue slider to find the color range you want to play with. then back down the saturation to whatyou are looking for, and the of course lightness. You can also play around with adjusting only yellows, or reds, or greens, etc by changing the pulldown meny from "master" I tend to staty away from this unless it's something really specific and subtle I want to alter.

There are multiple ways to alter the colors and this is the way I learned. There are lots of books out there to learn from if you want to get into it more.
My #1 tip is, master layers, and you can do a ton with photoshop.

i like purple and green alot my rooms purple and green :D

the way i cange the colours is basically the same i copy the area that im going to cvolour paste it into a new layer and then goe Crtl+U for hue/saturation and set the saturation all the way down this turns the selected image into grey scale from grey csale i believe you get the widest option of colours to chose. then just change the saturation and lightness for the perfect colour

Back