• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Challenge:Build a Cheap Computer!

coffee33

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
1,088
Heres the challenge.
Build a cheap computer using 4 to 5 star components from www.newegg.com and crucial.com only.
Your goal:
Windows xp system good for...
surfing
watching movies
listening to music
doing work such as office task
and lite gaming.

Complete system including monitor and speakers.

Good luck all and ty for taking the time to try this out! :)
 
Sempron 2500 $75
NF7-M $89
Crucial 512MB PC3200 DDR $59.97
Some shitty case with shitty PSU $24.00
DVD burner (dual layer) $52.99
viewsonic E70F monitor $129
cheapest mouse and keyboard combo $10.25
maxtor 40 gig ATA133 $48
cheapo logitech speakers $12

CPU
mobo
memory
some shitty case with psu
dvd drive
monitor
cheapo mouse and keyboard
maxtor hdd
cheapo speakers


TOTAL: $500 + $50 shipping (fucking newegg)


PS, sorry thats all I could come up with, I'm to tired to actually think

PPS, hey, you're just down highway 50 from me, only 115 miles away :p (I am awake enough to compute that, LOL)
 
Bugalaman said:
Sempron 2500 $75
NF7-M $89
Crucial 512MB PC3200 DDR $59.97
Some shitty case with shitty PSU $24.00
DVD burner (dual layer) $52.99
viewsonic E70F monitor $129
cheapest mouse and keyboard combo $10.25
maxtor 40 gig ATA133 $48
cheapo logitech speakers $12

CPU
mobo
memory
some shitty case with psu
dvd drive
monitor
cheapo mouse and keyboard
maxtor hdd
cheapo speakers


TOTAL: $500 + $50 shipping (fucking newegg)


PS, sorry thats all I could come up with, I'm to tired to actually think

PPS, hey, you're just down highway 50 from me, only 115 miles away :p (I am awake enough to compute that, LOL)

I use to live in sacramento all my life up until almost a year ago :)
 
RandysWay said:
aolpc.com

you even get a printer ^_^

HAHAHAH. I remember setting one up for a demo unit and the monitor seems to be spray painted black to match, ghetto. And yea, the OS is like AOL is straight tangled in it, good luck.
 
he said build it from newgg people. DON"T YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW TO READ????
 
Back
Top