chaintech sucks

Personally I like ASUS boards too, they're very full featured stable boards that OC well enough to satisfy me but I think their RMA dept. sucks and I'm really tired of that nasty looking brown solder mask...kinda defeats the purpose of a big case window and purdy lights to have this ugly brown board in your case..
roflmao I busted out one helly of a belly laugh You are ok in my book :D

Im still laughing and you you brought me tears. We have to have humour otherwise we will lose our minds over these computers :D

so my wife said to me " YOU LOVE YOUR COMPUTER MORE THAN ME AND I CAN HANDLE ANOTHER WOMAN BUT NOT A MACHINE" man I had do major bling bling! :D :eek:

sorry again! zipper I emailed that dude in korea for the moddded bios hopefully he will will respond. If he does I hook ya up. my apologies to the people of this forum. My wife is up my ass again!
. :eek: :eek: boys and thier toys!

My wife kept telling me that crap, then she left...at least I still have the PC.

I've lost 2 girlfriends to computers. Sad? Probably. Do I care? Not really. I'll someday find a girl who lans. Wait, no....I won't. :(

My wife left me once too! I came home from work and all her things were gone. I called her work and they said took a vacation. so I asked them if anybody else was on vacation too and low and behold there was a guy who was too. 3 weeks later she called me crying and I said" ARE YOU HAVING FUN" she said she "NO IVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE" I forgave her and we still together and and that was 7 years ago.

Agreed, Chaintech sucks. Any board that does as much as that thing claims to do could not POSSIBLY be priced as low as they are unless they are cutting some SERIOUS corners.

Agreed, Chaintech sucks. Any board that does as much as that thing claims to do could not POSSIBLY be priced as low as they are unless they are cutting some SERIOUS corners.
you are wrong about this board! no bells or whistles but overclocks like hell and I still have mine. I cant part with it. one of only boards that run a mobile no problem right from go! I run mobiles not that dtr. true mobiles!

Let me put it this way if this board had more ram options in the bios I would be runnning this board instead of my dfi! I'm on my2 dfi nf3 250 because they are buggy! I've been through 4 bios flashes cause of cold boot problems. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH BOOT ISSUES WITH THE CHAINTECH BOARD. droppped my mobile in her and fired up from go.I know of only 3 boards you can do that with and I own 2 of em.

let me tell what that board can do I can run all three ram slots in 1t I cant do that with my dfi aint happening. word!

this is the best board Ive ever owned unbelievable what punishment it takes. I tortured this this board to no end. Never once gave me a serious problem. IM AM IMPRESSED WITH THIS BOARD!

I am a dfi owner for years and this board with the right bios should be king of s754 without a doubt. unbelievable board. tough as nails

With the abundance of clear-cut information and in-depth troubleshooting steps you provided us with in the original post, i'm stunned you were unable to resolve the problem before you got to step "OMG RMA". Clearly chaintech is a terrible motherboard.

Ahaha...sorry, but now I have to agree and say CHAINTECH SUCKS.

The Chaintech VNF3-250 that I ordered on Friday came today, and it was DOA. I'm RMAing it. I am pissed as hell.

Older antec powersupplys are prone to problems with newer boards. Did you check EVERYTHING before deciding the mobo was busted?

Pretty sure. Can you give me a link that elaborates on this? I did try a different power supply, a 300W Allied PSU that I know is in working condition, and no go. Even if 300W isn't enough for my system (Though it probably is more than enough), the computer should have at least turned on. I also tried with different RAM, and I removed all my PCI cards. Still nothing.

Chaintech though not top tier usually is certainly reliable in most respects from my experience and those that i trust that deal with Chaintech boards. 'Bad' boards can happen with any brand, and with most models. Overclocking has more to do with the memory used and the specific CPU you have, and the stability and even power that you're PSU gives you, and how cool you keep the system. Certainly DFI boards are usually the best with overclocking because they are speficically built for it. Not only with respect to hardware but as well as the bios voltages implemented. The few times i built with Chaintech i had no issues. Experiences vary i guess.

VNF3-250
1gig (2x512MB) Corsair Value Select (Tcl 2.5 Trcd 3 Tras 7 Trp 3) DDR400
Setting the timings to auto = 333FSB, so I used the above settings to fix it

Hammer FID, set to x9
HT Freq set to x5
All default voltages

These settings are used on a AMD Athlon64 2800+ Claw Hammer (1.8GHz)
Overclocking is not an options for this setup

Was given to me as a gift.. glad I didnt pay for it.

Back