CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce 6800 $379 @ Newegg!

IMO not worth it for this one. I'd go for the $299 eVGA preorder with FarCry and a better cooler. Its not like you are gonna be the fastest computer on the block if you buy this card for 379 and get it now.
 
tranCendenZ said:
IMO not worth it for this one. I'd go for the $299 eVGA preorder with FarCry and a better cooler. Its not like you are gonna be the fastest computer on the block if you buy this card for 379 and get it now.

I didn't plan on buying it because i'm getting a GT but this is the first 6800 thats actually been available for purchase instead of pre-order.
 
creedAMD says its a monitor cleaner, but i say its a alien egg from outer space :D
 
Anything more then ~$280 is a complete and total rip since X800Pros are ~$330 in some spots (if you dont mind waiting a little).
 
Blackwind said:
Hmm. $312 isnt too bad seeing I was going to order a 9800pro for $200 this week. eXcaliberPC any good? I've never ordered from them before. I usually order newegg.

I'd say they were as they used to be mostly a front for Abit products, but like 2 years ago or so they started offering a larger selection of items. Their reseller rating is almost identical to that of newegg if that helps.
 
Blackwind said:
Hmm. $312 isnt too bad seeing I was going to order a 9800pro for $200 this week. eXcaliberPC any good? I've never ordered from them before. I usually order newegg.

eXcaliberPC is as good a store to order from as any of the others like ZipZoomFly and Newegg. You'll have no problem with them.
 
burningrave101 said:
I didn't plan on buying it because i'm getting a GT but this is the first 6800 thats actually been available for purchase instead of pre-order.

No, the Leaktek NU was avialable about a week ago [someone from nvnews posted it].
 
Final question...is $312 a good price for this card? ATI have comparable for same price?
 
advanced101101 said:
I would much rather have an Ati x800pro than the 6800nu, cmon!

I'd take either...but I don't know where to get an Ati x800pro right now for $312. :p Heck..either one is an upgrade to what I'm presently using....so a worthy purchase...I actually wouldn't mind owning a 6800 and a x800 hehe....
 
Back
Top