• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chaintech make good video cards?

its just an NV Silencer. Id look elsewhere for a video card though... Chaintech has never been good to me thru RMAs.
 
They're not bad, but I wouldn't recommend them when there's BFG, eVGA, and XFX on the same playground.
 
Yeah I think I'm going to go with the eVGA but there were two models, one that ended with TX that was DDR and was that was BX GDDR3 for the same price and now its out of stock and the rebate ends the 30th! But then again it probably doesnt even have GDDR3, I can't find it anywhere on google or eVga's website and I even e-mailed them about it, no response yet. What do you guys think??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130236
eVGA 256-P2-N383-BX Geforce 6800 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130231
eVGA 256-P2-N383-TX Geforce 6800 256MB 256-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail


I find it hard to believe that one is GDDR3, I have found 2, gigabyte and chaintech now, that say GDDR3 on neweggs website but when I go to the manufactures website it says DDR.
 
NoooooOOOOOooO!!!! Don't ever get Chaintech! I got one of their cards once and I was on the computer and I head a donk from inside my case - the ramsink FELL OFF!
 
biohazard_nz said:
NoooooOOOOOooO!!!! Don't ever get Chaintech! I got one of their cards once and I was on the computer and I head a donk from inside my case - the ramsink FELL OFF!

I have a Chaintech 6800GT. It's fine, runs well and OC's to 380/1100 (anything more on the core gives artifacts - haven't bothered with the memory).

My favorite card maker is actually Gigabyte. My 6800GT had a sort of passive heatsink with a loud fan, but the card was really OC'able, I could run it at 450/1250 with stock cooling. I'ave also had a good experience dealing with Gigabyte's support.

The cards I don't like are from EVGA, although they did let me RMA with no box or original materials, and it did take 3 RMA's to get a working card.
 
Back
Top