• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chaintech AV710 for 5.1 speakers?

Yes, and it is no better then many onboard solutions.

In fact it is worse then a lot of onboard solutions because the VIA codec that services channels 1 thru 6 flat out sucks.
 
Well, if whatever you're listening to is heavy on the rear surround channels, it won't sound bad :p

but, yeah, AV710 is only a bargain for stereo, for multichannel it doesn't really make sense. Revolution 5.1 would be a nice choice for movies, if we're talking games you probably want a Creative card.
 
I bought one of these on the cheap because my motherboard onboard audio sucks, doesn't even have an optical out. For now I'm going to be using a 2 speaker setup with a digital receiver so 5.1 doesn't apply to me yet. Can you at least play games with one of these things? I know I won't have EAX but does it cause any stability issues or performance degredation with gaming? I would have just bought a creative audigy 2 zs value but I had a horrible past experience with them and everything I've read has said they're pretty much a joke for serious movie/music audio quality. Also, what exactly happens on the chaintech that causes a multichannel setup to sound like feces anyways?
 
Back
Top