Chaintech AV-710

asyork

2[H]4U
I had a couple issues installing my new Chaintech AV-710. Through trial an error, I found out I had to disable my onboard audio.

Anyway, I had already uninstalled the utility from the most recent VIA drivers, and allowed windows to install the driver intself after I pointed it to the right file. Do I miss out on anything important by not having the utility, or does it just take up more resources?

For anyone interested in this card, it sounds FAR better than my on-board audio.

The utility will allow you to select the "high-definition 2-channel" output, meaning you take advantage of the good DAC that makes the AV-710 special. The drivers are pretty "quirky" (to say the least), but they aren't bloated, especially when compared to Creative's entire suite.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and replace what I've did wiith the full install.

Have any of you tried the other software that came with the card? WinCinema Pro, WinDVD, and WinRip? My only DVD playing software is VLC, and that doesn't get the greatest picture.

My AV-710 came with software? lol.

I don't remember anything else coming in the package, other than one cable and maybe the driver installation CD.

I actually never put the CD in, but the manual sais that software is included.

Two more questions.

Is there a good reason that 92 Hz was preselected instead of 192Hz for the high sample rate stero option?

What does the stero expander option actually do? Something seems to sound different when I toggle it, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Back