• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chaintech AV-710 vs Audigy ZS

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
11,464
I have an Audigy ZS and I was thinking of selling it and getting the Chaintech since all I'm running is a 2.1 setup (ProMedia 2.1) and have no plans to get surround sound.

Is the sound quality as good? Basically, what does the Audigy have that the Chaintech doesn't and is this trade worth the $50 I would come out ahead?
 
You are kinda downgrading to a (effectively) stereo-only source for little perceptible gain. You're also going to get a larger processor hit when EAX is enabled in games.

How important is $50 to you right now? I said that it's worth it only because that's pretty much the difference in the retail prices of these cards.
 
GodsMadClown said:
You are kinda downgrading to a (effectively) stereo-only source for little perceptible gain. You're also going to get a larger processor hit when EAX is enabled in games.

Exactly.
Plus I have been there myself and regreted the cross-grade.



Want to guess who I got the ZS card from? :D
 
Mister X said:
Exactly.
Plus I have been there myself and regreted the cross-grade.



Want to guess who I got the ZS card from? :D

did you get it from me? seems like I remember getting a good deal on their gamer bundle and selling off the card since I already had one

reason I was thinking of doing this is because I took the ZS out to sell it and right now I'm just using onboard sound, which really doesn't sound that much difference since all I listen to are mp3s and even at 256 bitrate they aren't that great of quality

but it does sound kinda flat and uninspired sometimes, so I was thinking of keeping the ZS even though I would like to put the $50 elsewhere and I'd heard good things about the Chaintech
 
Yup ... that is were I got the last ZS card I had. :D

And that is what I didn't like about the AV-710.
The bass is tighter and the treble is cleaner then a Stock Audigy2 ZS but the dynamics are just shot to hell from that card (everything sounded flat and lifeless).
 
Back
Top