Chaintech AV-710 SDIF out

elec999

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
219
I am using the Chaintech AV-710 7.1 sound card with the latest Via drivers. I have my Pioneer 816 Receiver. I connected the optical out from the sound to the receiver. I set the sound to 5.1 or even 7.1 channel. I do have 2 front, 2 back, 2 surround, 1 center, speakers. I set my receiver to direct digital, and the sound only seems to only play via the front speakers. Even If I do a speaker test in the Via Panel. I tried switching the receiver to different surrond modes, but still the sound will only play via the front speakers. I am sure the Receivers works, since I have tested with the dvd player via optical input.
Thanks
 
And the problem is what?
that is normal when you are not playing material that is not already encoded in multichannel digital format (dolby digital).
 
The speaker test will only work if you have a DD/DTS encoding card because S/PDIF can only deliver stereo unless the surround sound is encoded in DD/DTS.
 
I know audigy cards will output DD/DTS when playing music if you tell it too. Dunno if that helps
 
Back
Top