• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, Which P4 CPU

PrinceAli0

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
4
Hey all,

I currently run an AMD System with a 7NJS and want to upgrade to a P4 System with the 9CJS Zeneth. I like this board but have a couple of questions for owners fo these sytsems and overclockers out there:

1. I want to get a 3.0 Gig 800FSB Northwood, will I be able to upgrade to a Prescott when the time for an upgrade comes.

2. How far can I push the 3.0 Gig 800FSB Northwood with overclock, if possible. If so, which BIOS to use.

3. I currently have Corasir XMS 512MB Dual Channel PC3200, will this be sufficient or will I need to upgrade for overclocking purposes.

4. Are there many issues with the VIA Envy 24 onboard sound such as game incompatibilities.

5. Are there any major issues with this board that should push me towards the ABIT i975 IC7 or the Asus P4C800.

Thanks in advanced, I'm looking to put together this system rather soon so any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks
PrinceAli0
 
I would suggest staying with the big boys, Abit or Asus, for a P4 865/875 board.

The Abit's are Prescott ready.

Your ram sticks are fine with the P4 3.0C for overclocking.
 
Back
Top