CH-5 chip overclock

amd_inside

Weaksauce
For those who have CH-5 chips, how far have you OCed your RAM? Please include your timings, clockspeed and voltage please :) . I've seen mixed results. Some say they're good, others say they're a pain...

I have a 512MB stick of Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 (2.5-3-3-7 @ 200MHz). I'm looking to maybe reaping some more bandwidth by boosting the clock or tightening the timings a little...

Thanks! :D

I'm doing ddr480 with 2-2-2-11 timings and 3.3 volts, it's great for me :)

Mushkin PC3500 Level One

wow... those are pretty hefty results...

How much voltage can I feed my RAM? My stick's rated at 2.6v. What's too much voltage?

I think mine might be rated at 2.6 volts too, I'm a bit wary of recommending a safe voltage, since there are a lot of variables, but I've been doing 3.3 volts for a couple months now to no ill effects.

my value ram doesn't respond well to 2.7v I have to keep it around 2.65v. at 2.7v my rig won't post. you can't expect a large oc from this ram tho. at 1:1 I can't go past 222 fsb. I stick to 220 fsb for regular day stuff. for hard gaming I go into 5:4 at 243 fsb. I can tighten the timing to 2-3-2-6 but then I can't oc past 210 fsb. the ram passes a 30 min loop of memtest at 2-3-2-6.

http://www.geocities.com/tekkenflorida/mem_timing.jpg

btw mine is ch-5 winbond, not bad for valueram.

Back