Ch-5/bh-5

PliotronX

2[H]4U
Originally posted by MontyAC
The bh-5. The ch-5 have problems with many P4 boards.
Yup, and the BH-5 have been out of production since summer. If the vendor specifically advertised BH-5, you should get them. Fight for them while you can dude.

When I mix my BH5 and CH5 modules together my system wont even post at default 800MHz FSB 1:1, this is in single or dual channel in my IC7. I for the life of me cant get these modules to mix in EITHER of my systems. Out of the two, go for the BH5, they do tighter timings and overclock much better (especially using ratios).

Originally posted by PliotronX
Yup, and the BH-5 have been out of production since summer. If the vendor specifically advertised BH-5, you should get them. Fight for them while you can dude.

This is going in an nForce 2 media box. They didn't specify BH-5 chips, just their pictures of the modules show BH-5 chips, a big incentive to buying there. Well, I'm not going to be going for dream machine status on this, so if the memory works at 200MHz CL2.5, I'll be content.

Well, I'm hoping it's not defective. I put in an old PCI video card (Diamond Stealth 64, tested good in an older machine) I had, and didn't get a response... well, the monitor showed a signal, but it was only a blank screen. Now I know typically, with bad memory, I'd get nothing. Hopefully I can dig up a more up to date card and give it a try.

Back