• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

[CFS]Project Tachikoma

Tos

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
122
Hello again guys !

This is just a preliminary project log, and will include feasability studies, plans, concepts, and a lot of pics hopefully.

Being an hardcore Anime & Manga fan, I've decided to take a step further in casemodding and do a CFS : Case From Scratch.

Unless you've been living in a cave for the last 5 years, Tachikoma ( Tachikomas actually ) is a sentient AI tank that was created in Ghost in the Shell Manga & TV series ( "Ghost in the Shell TV - Stand Alone Complex" and "Ghost in the Shell TV - 2nd GIG", the current 2 seasons of the TV show ).

there's roughly 3 version of the said tank :

Fuchikoma - original manga's design, somewhat bulky and being only portrayed in the manga, quotes aren't really consistent & lacks views to make a decent mesh/model

Tachikoma A : original TV show design - "Stand Alone Complex" ( which will be refered as SAC later ) - see pic below. This design allows both wheeled action and quadripod action, but due to the leg design, it had a weakness regarding stability ( I like my case to stay where I leave it :)

Tachikoma B : 2d GIG redesign of the later - After some events in the 1st season, the Tachikomas have been slightly redesigned to fix the said issues ( among other reasons :D ) I'll be using this design for my case, since it's the best looking, and hell, I just like it !!

anyway, I'll work on design until I'm finished with my BleedingEdge casmod, then get started with acquisition of materials.

I have currently no idea of the exact hardware I might put in it, but I'm fairly sure I'll use A64 + Nforce4 setup, and watercool it.

Sizes aren't definitive, but I'm thinking about making the model 60cms high ( the bigger, the better :D )

more to come soon :D

Did I mention this project would imply heavy metal work, soldering ( MIG/ARC/BlowTorch ), bodywork & painting ?
 
Fuchikoma
GhostintheShellCh02Pg14.jpg



Tachikoma A
tachikoma2.jpg


tachikoma-thumb.png


all pics posted are the exclusive property of their respective owners, and I apologize for me hijacking them and using them for my own benefit. :)

Tachikoma B
feet redesign :
snapshot20041025125156.jpg
 
Damn you! I wanted to start a Tachi mod soon. :D
I was going to go with the Tachikoma A and use a Shuttle XPC board for it with alot of fiberglass, just a suggestion. ;)
 
Muhahaha !!

I'll prolly go the metalurgist way, I hope to get an artuculated chassis by December :D

I already have experience with soldering, plating, just need to get some tooling and hijack some friends' tools & machines

I'm still aiming at keeping standard hardware inside, so I can upgrade it later if need be. I'll prolly go for ATX.

Needless to say, if you start your mod, I'll follow it like a ravenous beast to compare with mine ( and maybe share some ideas if you don't mind ;) )

1st idea that popped on my mind this night : integrate the power-on & reset buttons in the 65mm cannon ( I guess that's the caliber of the locked cannon, the one on the middle )

edit : nothe that the 3D pic model is inaccurate, as the wheels are installed inwards, not outwards, and this wersion makes it unstable ( think of what happens when a tachi falls 200m and lands, what would happen ?

also, I think there are 2 issues for main weapon, 65mm cannon, and a gattling 20mm gun
 
Just had a crazy idea : make it lifesize ... 1.9m of madness :D

j/k, I'll prolly go for 1:3 scale ... or maybe 1:2 ... depends on how much metal I can scavenge :)

actually, it's more like 2.75m lifesize

I'm going for 1:3 scale then, unless someone offers me a hangar to store it :)
 
Back
Top