CFM of Opteron HSF

Sphere

2[H]4U
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the cfm of the fan, as I'm thinking of buying one that pushes a bit more air.

EDIT:

Came across a thread that say's it 80mm and 48cfm, is that correct?

Thanks,

Sphere

Depends on which version you're talking about. There is a version with a 80mm fan, but most have 70mm fans. I don't know the CFM rating on either though.

Thanks guys,

I too thought it was a 70x70x15, I just took what was written in that forum, without actually measuring. Still in search of how much air it pushes.

The 80mm fan (on the 4 pipe heatsink) is thermally controlled. I've never seen mine go much above 2500 RPM even though it's supposed to hit ~5000. And that includes the Prime95 stress test when the mobo reported 63C.

You can take a single strand of wire and wrap it around the thermistor leads to short it and achieve max fan speed and thus push max air. You might be able to control the RPM after that with something like SpeedFan. I chose just to replace the fan with a Thermaltake 92mm Silent Cat. The bottom line with that fan is my CPU is no cooler, but the surrounding components get some active cooling due to the fan's design, so I stayed with it.

Back