• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CF 5770 question

FranDaMan

n00b
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
48
I've been running a pair of 5770's since November with no issues. I use Afterburner and they have been solid at 1.2v 1000/1350 and powerplay has been working nicely to lower my clocks when not running 3D games, etc. Anyway, I noticed earlier that my #2 card is staying at 850/1200 instead of dropping down to 157/300 like card #1 does and like it previously did as well. I uninstalled the cat 10.3a as well as afterburner and reinstalled everything but using the 10.2 drivers. I thought I had it until I realized that CF wasn't enabled and of course once I caught that we're back to the higher clocks on card #2.

So the question is what changed and/or what am I missing?
 
What version of afterburner are you using? I know I had to dload a newer version. I believe they just released 1.5.1
 
Yea, I'm using 1.5.1. I went back a version to 1.5.0 as well. I'm sure it is something simple but I'm not getting it.
 
If I can interpret this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1510155 to apply to my issue and a bunch of other info I've read the past day or so is it safe to say there is probably nothing changed on my rig other than the newer driver sets (10 series I'm told) work just fine but improperly report the usage of the x-fired card when in ultra low power mode?

My temps seem just fine for idle speeds, not the higher readings I'd expect to see at 850/1200, so I believe my card is actually just purring quietly until it is needed. I opened overdrive and watched it and AB at the same time while using some windowed games and 2D videos and the card seems to be working perfectly normally until I close them and then both overdrive and afterburner report bogus info again.

Much ruckus over nothing?
 
Back
Top