CES 2012... Anything for T-Mobile?

Ravynmagi

[H]ard|Gawd
Seems like Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint have all had some interesting new phone news.

Verizon is getting a new Razr and Droid.
AT&T is getting the Galaxy Note.
Sprint is getting the Galaxy Nexus.

Nothing at all so far for T-Mobile customers? Makes me sad.

T-Mobile's parent company is not investing in T-Mobile. No investment = no network improvements. No network improvements = shit service. If you're a phone manufacturer, you're going to want to make phones for the network that actually has customers and is gaining them every quarter...not losing them.

hopefully the AT&T divorce money helps TMO claw its way back... it really is a fan favorite for those of us that want the freedeom of a GSM network with cheap no contract plans...

More than likely it will go to pay their bills so when DT liquidates them they can come out ahead.

hopefully the AT&T divorce money helps TMO claw its way back... it really is a fan favorite for those of us that want the freedeom of a GSM network with cheap no contract plans...

That money is a drop in the bucket to what they would need to do that. It's estimated they would need $9 billion to acquire spectrum and equipment to do LTE, and they spend $3 billion on CapEx yearly. That money went directly to deal with debt in Europe.

Since DT was counting on the money from the merger to pay for network improvements in Europe, the rumor is now that they are looking into selling Tmobile USA's towers and issuing bonds. http://www.intomobile.com/2012/01/0...d-tmobile-usa-may-sell-all-their-cell-towers/

Bah.... So the prevailing consensus is that it is all over for tmo?

Would really really really suck if that's what's happening....

Frightens me:( Happy tmobile customer for years...

Not on tmobile anymore, but I used to love it! While sprint was giving me dial up speeds, their major hspa+ upgrade in Denver gave me cable like performance everywhere, best mobile experience ever. I would still be on tmobile if it wasn't for shitty selection of phones.

Not *that* crappy.. Galaxy S 2 holds it's own with anything out there outside of Galaxy Nexus right now I think...(moto blur can suck it)

I'm still rocking my Nexus One... I'm debating picking up a GNex, but the rumors have me hesitating on buying an unlocked and importing for tmo.. I'll probably end up dropping to the walmart 30/mo plan and holding out till my n1 crokes or all the tmo towers get sold in the area... (I don't live in one of the areas covered by the atnt roaming deal, though my wife does get 12mb on her G2 downtown..)

Not *that* crappy.. Galaxy S 2 holds it's own with anything out there outside of Galaxy Nexus right now I think...(moto blur can suck it)

I'm still rocking my Nexus One... I'm debating picking up a GNex, but the rumors have me hesitating on buying an unlocked and importing for tmo.. I'll probably end up dropping to the walmart 30/mo plan and holding out till my n1 crokes or all the tmo towers get sold in the area... (I don't live in one of the areas covered by the atnt roaming deal, though my wife does get 12mb on her G2 downtown..)

That's it though, their variant of gs2 is the worst, look up LCD comparisons as well, seems like Samsung might be using different display type as well. Galaxy nexus isn't all that impressive, sadly. That's coming from a guy who bought nexus one full price on day one, and advocated nexus s for months. There needs to be lots of high end choice, to me at least. Be it a variety of android and wp7 devices, I'd be happy. tmobile doesn't have anything coming, or anything that is out now that can be considered a good lineup. Also no lte plans mean that they are in big trouble. I think att has the best lineup now, followed by sprint and then Verizon.

That's it though, their variant of gs2 is the worst, look up LCD comparisons as well, seems like Samsung might be using different display type as well. Galaxy nexus isn't all that impressive, sadly. That's coming from a guy who bought nexus one full price on day one, and advocated nexus s for months. There needs to be lots of high end choice, to me at least. Be it a variety of android and wp7 devices, I'd be happy. tmobile doesn't have anything coming, or anything that is out now that can be considered a good lineup. Also no lte plans mean that they are in big trouble. I think att has the best lineup now, followed by sprint and then Verizon.

Just looking as i drink my morning coffee, t-mobile is getting the first nokia win 7.5 phone, announced@keynote yesterday... some hope at the least (Though I wouldn't go winmo at this point personally).

I'll probably get a new phone on carrier (x) whenever i see strong indications of what direction DT is going to go...

How did you like that 30 plan? Can you call over the dataplan? Im thinking about grabbing a tm galaxy s2 off ebay and using that plan but 100 may seem a bit low..

How did you like that 30 plan? Can you call over the dataplan? Im thinking about grabbing a tm galaxy s2 off ebay and using that plan but 100 may seem a bit low..

I'm not on it yet; on the original even_more_plus plan that they put out just before nexus launched (kind of a pita to switch if existing customer; you have to cancel current plan; then do new plan with number recovery to get existing number back). I've been debating switching carriers for a new phone also so that's been having me hesitate on switching it..

the 30 plan looks *nice* though, it charges you 10c/minute for each minute you go over; so if you use 400 minutes (i use 150 probably...), you go over by 300; so it charges you 30 bucks extra, wihch is still cheaper than my current plan (69/mo).

Just looking as i drink my morning coffee, t-mobile is getting the first nokia win 7.5 phone, announced@keynote yesterday... some hope at the least (Though I wouldn't go winmo at this point personally).

I'll probably get a new phone on carrier (x) whenever i see strong indications of what direction DT is going to go...

Why not? I'm on Sprint now and aam dying for a good wp7 device. Yea, the hardware on wp7 isn't as beefy as android, but, os seems so robust that it doesn't seem tp need it. HTC arrive with a 1ghz single core cpu and 512mb oof ram feels smoother tban evo 3d tto me, not to mention battery life..

Why not? I'm on Sprint now and aam dying for a good wp7 device. Yea, the hardware on wp7 isn't as beefy as android, but, os seems so robust that it doesn't seem tp need it. HTC arrive with a 1ghz single core cpu and 512mb oof ram feels smoother tban evo 3d tto me, not to mention battery life..

Two reasons, bad experience with previous WinMo (non 7, so unfair I know) device; and now I have an affinity to the Android infrastructure; tablet+phone currently. There's a level of customization that's easy to do with android that's just not possible with other mobile OS's currently... (is there *anything* as powerful/flexible as Tasker?)

HTC One X rumor for TMO also. And dont forget, you can pretty much import any GSM phone and use it on the network.

I've been waiting for new phones to come to t mobile so I can snag a good deal on a used galaxy s2 and upgrade from this my touch 4g

It looks like base quad core GSM One X won't have 3g on Tmo; but will have 4G if your in area (not many places are. Just be sure to verify before purchase; i'm thinking about getting one and havn't seen yet. One S is launching directly on magenta stateside if you just want "easy" and are ok with the lesser screen. (And arguably faster proc. Lack of magnometer sucks though...).

If I could find an order for One X that would work on T-Mo directly with 3g/HSPA+ I'd probably order today; I'm due for an upgrade and like HTC (Rocking Nexus One still)

OneXL (ATT One X) will work fine on Tmo AND includes the proper frequencies for their upcoming LTE service as well.

Also the OneS is official for Tmobile. As far as actual announced and interesting phones go, those are the big ones for this year. We've yet to hear official specs for the SGSIII.

Back