• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cenutrion 5 good enough?

The C5 was and is still to this day one of the best budget cases ever built. It has great airflow, looks good, plenty of room for the most part and fairly good tooless features for the money.

I'm running an 8800gts and an overclocked C2D in mine with no heat issues whatsoever.
 
Quite coincidentally, I also run a majorly OC'd 8800 GTS and C2D in my Centurion 5 case;)

Indeed, it makes for a great budget case and has good airflow and a lot of places to add intake and exhaust fans.

The only problem I've had is that one of the plastic clips to hold in PCI devices broke on me, but I just replaced it with one from another slot.
 
yeah the plastic things suck i just ripped them off and used screws.
 
I have had a c5 for a couple of years now, and it has served me pretty well. You might want to buy another 120mm fan or two to stick in the front, but that's up to you.

The only problem I have run into so far is that when I transitioned to a pair of 9800gtx cards in SLI, they blocked ALL of the HDD bays. I had to purchase a couple of conversion brackets to put them up in the 5.25" area. Past that though, it's a solid, cheap case. The plastic holders are worse on the expansion card slots than with the drive bays but it hasn't been a big issue for me yet.

PS good choice on the color, that's the one I got. ;)
 
I've never had any problem with the retention methods but yeah, 2 big cards in SLI will make cramming hard disks in a bit tricky.
 
I still love how my wife's Tropic Blue rig looks using the CM C5 case and it was a fun mod to build. Its really nice though her rig is not really a [H]ardcore pc (Opty 165 @ 2.7 & passive cooled 7600GT) but it remains nice, quiet and cool. With that said, CM does have some nice new cases these days for not much difference in price. The new CM C590 is a pretty sweet looking case as well.
 
If you need more airflow, you can stick a 120mm fan in three of the 5.25" bays. I did it to mine and I have amazing airflow in it.
 
Back
Top